Pella — Polk County residents Jack Dylan Konz, 18, and Christian Michael Latshaw, 19, are in the Marion County Jail on charges of first degree robbery. The suspects are accused of brandishing a weapon during a robbery at Midwest One Bank, 500 Oskaloosa Street, Pella. The Pella Police Department took the report after 10 a.m. Thursday. The police and several other agencies, including the Marion County Sheriff's Office and FBI, cooperatively investigated. The investigation led them to a local motel, where the suspects were apprehended. Sheriff Jason Sandholdt, during a press conference this evening, said few further details can be released at this time. The matter remains under investigation. Chief Robert Bokinsky agreed. Lt. Shane Cox was the first commander on scene for the PPD. Officers assisting were Matt Huston and Chad Hartman. The FBI was contacted because the agency once had jurisdiction over all bank robberies. The PPD is filing the charges. Bokinsky said the investigation is not about one agency. The cooperation among departments led to the apprehension. He and Sandholdt are confident the suspects were the only two involved. No one was injured in the robbery or investigation. Law enforcement was grateful for the delayed snowfall. "God roots for law enforcement, not the bad guys," Bokinsky said. More details will be reported as they become available.
- Breaking News
Tow ban in place
The Marion County Sheriff's Office has a tow ban in place.
- Pella Community School dismissing early, no conferences tonight
- Pella Chamber announces Hall of Fame Award Recipients
Supervisors approve road aid agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution for a federal aid funding agreement for a project along G-40.
- Freezing rain expected tonight
- Hazardous weather expected
Edouard granted new trial
The Iowa Court of Appeals says errors made in Patrick Edouard's initial trial were severe enough to order a retrial. The ruling also allows a new defense witness.
- 2014 Tulip Time Queen, Court announced The 2014 Tulip TIme Court was announced Saturday evening during the annual Queen's Announcement Party held this year at Pella Christian High School's Vermeer Auditorium. Randy Sikkema served as the emcee for the evening. The 2014 Tulip Time Court includes Faith Van Wyngarden, Sarah Muller, 2014 Tulip Time Queen Leah Blankespoor, Rachel Mueller and Mariah Eekhoff.
Charles Farver to retire as Chair of Pella Corp Board in May 2015
Adam Farver planned to be Vice-Chair in 2014, transitions to Chair in 2015
Pella Election Results
There were no contested races in the City of Pella's election, but here are the numbers.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Tow ban in place