- Breaking News
Weather Related Road Closings – Updated
Marion County Engineer's Office will be re-evaluating the roads in the morning
- Landfill to offer limited services today
DeRonde sentenced for mail fraud
Beverly DeRonde received a four-year prison sentence and must pay restitution after pleading guilty to federal mail fraud.
Weather forces road closures
Marion County Engineer Roger Schletzbaum has closed several area roads around the county, due to concern of flooding.
- Groundbreaking for The Cottages held - See slideshow Due to weather outside, the groundbreaking ceremony for The Cottages was moved indoors to Pella Manor on Wednesday morning. The program, starting at 9:30 a.m., began with an invocation and include remarks by WesleyLife President and CEO Rob Kretzinger and Hearthstone Executive Director Nancy Hamilton. There was an announcement of the winning names for the six cottages, chosen by local residents from among the 12 provinces of the Netherlands in honor of Pella’s longstanding Dutch heritage and traditions. Hearthstone/WesleyLife is contributing $15 million to the $20 million project and raising $5 million in the community through a capital campaign led by four couples noted for their longstanding commitment and contributions to Pella. The co-chairs, who are hosting the groundbreaking and have raised $3.84 million to date. Scheduled to be completed by the Weitz Co. by the end of 2013, The Cottages will provide older adults a place to call home where they will enjoy both their independence and the benefits of being part of a close-knit community.
South Central Regional Airport Agency to host informational meeting
Thursday at Joan Kuyper Farver Auditorium from 6-8 p.m.
- Carter charged with arson An arrest has been made in connection with Monday's fire in downtown Knoxville.
Hearthstone Receives $1 million for The Cottages from Community Foundations
Innovative Community Designed to Promote Healthy Living, Independence, Dignity
Bomb Threat made at PHS
The juvenile was transported to the Central Iowa Juvenile Detention Center in Eldora
Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt set for Saturday
Event starts at 10:30 a.m.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Weather Related Road Closings – Updated