Lely hosts Grand Opening in Pella
Lely, the world leader in robotic milking systems, hosted a Grand Opening celebration to commemorate the expansion of its production facilities in Pella this week. The three-day event is a celebration of Lely's first dairy production facility outside of its headquarters and production facilities in Maassluis and Rotterdam, Holland. The facility will dramatically increase production capacity in the North American market, allowing Lely to expand its current services and technologies for dairy producers across North America.
- Pella Regional adds more than $34M to economy Pella Regional Health Center generates 830 hospital jobs that add $34,028,392 to Marion County's local economy, according to the latest study by the Iowa Hospital Association. In addition, Pella Regional's employees contribute more than $7 million in
- Pella Chamber presents Hall of Fame Award Recipients - See slideshow The Pella Chamber of Commerce honored five Hall of Fame Excellence Award recipients at their Annual Membership Meeting this morning, Friday, February 28, 2014. Recipients were selected for the impact each has on the community, quality of life, and economy of Pella. This year’s recipients are: Larry De Vries, Roger Duven, Barb Kniff McCulla, Nola Vander Streek, and Pete Verhey. This is the 41st year for the Hall of Fame Awards. Each year the Chamber receives nominations from its members and the general public for businesses and individuals who have made a positive impact on the community. A selection committee made up of current and former Chamber board members reviews the nominations and selects the recipients. Awards were presented by Chamber Board Members Cyndi Atkins and Trevor Castle.
Supervisors expect a 30-cent levy decrease
The Marion County Board of Supervisors is confident that its property tax levy for the upcoming fiscal year will be 30 cents less than last year.
Marion County Development Commission Announces the 'Best of the Red Rock Area'
Want to know where to eat or what to enjoy in Marion County? Here's the definitive listing.
Bond capacity for City, County may be used for KHC project
As we've reported, Knoxville Hospital and Clinics (KHC) is planning several projects to upgrade its facility, with an estimated cost of $17 million. To help secure financing for the project at a lower rate, KHC is asking Marion County and the City of Knoxville for permission to use the governments' bonding capacity.
- Bos Landen still for sale officially
- A family affair - Capri's Italian Grill Capri's Italian Grill is a family affair for owner Feim Veseli, who oversees the running of the restaurant while his brother Arsim Veseli presides over the kitchen. "The recipes are my family's. My brothers, cousins, uncles, the whole family is in th
- Heritage Lace to add Downton Abbey Collection
- Leighton State Bank announces the acquisition of Monroe State Bank
- Sneakerheads flock to Pella
- More Business Headlines