Pella — Central College hosted one of the first fairs in the state for local startups on Jan 31. The event was sponsored by StartUp Iowa, a statewide initiative aimed at bringing resources to entrepreneurs. Local entrepreneurs from Marion County showcased their products and projects to an audience of students and business, investment, civic and other community members. Wade Steenhoek, director of the Martin Heerema Entrepreneurship Program at Central, helped organize the event in partnership with Joel Bennett of Veel Hoeden Coworking. Central held the Pella fair in partnership with Veel Hoeden, a Pella company that provides shared space for the business community to work independently on projects.
- Central College
Got cabin fever?
Come hear music written for the wind band by British composers
- Geisler Penquite announces spring speakers The Geisler Penquite committee has announced its 2014 spring speakers. The speaker series will focus on a number of topics in education. All sessions are free and open to the public. Registration is required. For more information and to register, vis
- Central College events March 3-9
- Rodrigues-Pavao, Runaas perform Stephen Rodrigues-Paväo, tenor, will be accompanied by pianist Margaret Runaas in a recital March 7 at Central College. Rodrigues-Paväo is an accomplished Portuguese-American musician from Madison, Wis. He researches and performs traditional Spanish
- Central College events
Central to host Political Science convention
Political Scientists from throughout the state will be coming to Marion County next weekend, as Central College hosts the Iowa Association of Political Scientists' annual convention and program.
- Central students perform 'The Ice Fishing Play' Theatre Central will be hosting four performances of Kevin Kling's "The Ice Fishing Play" Feb. 26-March 1 in the Kruidenier Center at Central College. All shows begin at 7:30 p.m. "The Ice Fishing Play," directed by Ann Wilkinson, is a comedy about a
- Central to host Jeff Link '89 at meeting of political scientists Central College will host the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Iowa Association of Political Scientists Feb. 28-March 1. The meeting will feature a reception, panels and project presentations for registered attendees, plus a keynote with Jeff Link '89 that
- The Right Fit
- Central College events for Feb. 17-23
- More Central College Headlines
- Got cabin fever?