Pella — Central College hosted one of the first fairs in the state for local startups on Jan 31. The event was sponsored by StartUp Iowa, a statewide initiative aimed at bringing resources to entrepreneurs. Local entrepreneurs from Marion County showcased their products and projects to an audience of students and business, investment, civic and other community members. Wade Steenhoek, director of the Martin Heerema Entrepreneurship Program at Central, helped organize the event in partnership with Joel Bennett of Veel Hoeden Coworking. Central held the Pella fair in partnership with Veel Hoeden, a Pella company that provides shared space for the business community to work independently on projects.
- Central College
- Central choirs Christmas Candlelight concerts set The A Capella Choir, Chamber Singers, Handbell Choir and College-Community Orchestra will perform their annual Christmas Candlelight Concerts Dec. 13-14 at 8 p.m. in Douwstra Auditorium. There will be an additional performance Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m. at
- Central sponsors events for hunger and homelessness Awareness Week Calling attention to hunger and homelessness in Iowa and around the world, Central College is hosting numerous events Nov. 16-22 to promote Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. The events kicked off with a food drive at the final home football gam
3M Donates to Lake Association
Representatives from 3M, the Red Rock Lake Association, the US Army Corps of Engineers and Central College gathered at North Overlook Campground this morning as 3M presented a $30,000 donation to a cooperative natural playscape project.
Central College Schedule of Events
Nov. 4 - 17
French Wine dinner sign up today
Gluten free and Vegetarian option are available on request
- Intersections International in residence at Central College In an age of polarized viewpoints and extremist-driven agendas, a unique New York-based non-governmental organization, Intersections International, will promote mutual understanding and dialogue while in residence at Central College Oct. this week. "
- Events for the week of Oct. 28 – Nov. 3
- Peacemaking organization, Intersections International, in residence at Central
- Leading jazz violinist to perform in Pella
- Central awarded $2,000 from the Institute of International Education
- More Central College Headlines