Thursday, November 29
Writers Reading with Rob Dillard. Rob Dillard is a Des Moines based correspondent for Iowa Public Radio. He joined IPR in 2001 as host of Morning Edition and moved to reporting in 2007. He has been on special assignment for IPR since early 2011 reporting the ongoing series “Being in Iowa.” It has taken him around the state shining light on small segments of the population, including Muslims, military veterans, Latinos and the physically disabled. The series has won awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) and Northwest Broadcast News Association (NBNA).
Rob has extensive experience in radio, newspaper and media relations dating back more than 30 years. He has also taught news writing at Central College in Pella. Rob earned his bachelor’s degree in mass communications at the University of Iowa.
Friday, November 30
Combos Christmas Concert
Under the direction of Gabriel Espinosa
Tickets $5, Free with Central I.D.
Cox-Snow Recital Hall, 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 1
Flying Pans Caribbean Christmas Concert
Under the direction of Stan Dahl
Admission $5 or unwrapped gift for Toys for Tots
Graham Banquet Room, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 2
Sunday Concert Series: Symphonic Wind Ensemble and College Community Band in Concert.
With Guests from home and abroad: James Skretta, University of Iowa, and Maestro Luis Luna, conductor of the Yucatan Youth Band with three of his top students—Alejandro Chi González, Clarinet, Edoardo Ceballos , Percussion, Maria José Chi González, Saxophone.
Under the direction of Mitch Lutch
Douwstra Auditorium, 4:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7 & 8
Christmas Candlelight Concert featuring the Central College A Cappella Choir and Chamber Singers under the direction of Mark Babcock and the Community College Orchestra under the direction of Diane Phoenix-Neal. The Kerstbellen handbells will also be performing under the direction of Mackenzie Uhlenhopp. Concert tickets: Adults $10, Senior Citizens & Students $8, Free with Central College ID
Thursday, November 29
- Central College
- Central choirs Christmas Candlelight concerts set The A Capella Choir, Chamber Singers, Handbell Choir and College-Community Orchestra will perform their annual Christmas Candlelight Concerts Dec. 13-14 at 8 p.m. in Douwstra Auditorium. There will be an additional performance Dec. 12 at 7:30 p.m. at
- Central sponsors events for hunger and homelessness Awareness Week Calling attention to hunger and homelessness in Iowa and around the world, Central College is hosting numerous events Nov. 16-22 to promote Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. The events kicked off with a food drive at the final home football gam
3M Donates to Lake Association
Representatives from 3M, the Red Rock Lake Association, the US Army Corps of Engineers and Central College gathered at North Overlook Campground this morning as 3M presented a $30,000 donation to a cooperative natural playscape project.
Central College Schedule of Events
Nov. 4 - 17
French Wine dinner sign up today
Gluten free and Vegetarian option are available on request
- Intersections International in residence at Central College In an age of polarized viewpoints and extremist-driven agendas, a unique New York-based non-governmental organization, Intersections International, will promote mutual understanding and dialogue while in residence at Central College Oct. this week. "
- Events for the week of Oct. 28 – Nov. 3
- Peacemaking organization, Intersections International, in residence at Central
- Leading jazz violinist to perform in Pella
- Central awarded $2,000 from the Institute of International Education
- More Central College Headlines