Thursday, November 29
Writers Reading with Rob Dillard. Rob Dillard is a Des Moines based correspondent for Iowa Public Radio. He joined IPR in 2001 as host of Morning Edition and moved to reporting in 2007. He has been on special assignment for IPR since early 2011 reporting the ongoing series “Being in Iowa.” It has taken him around the state shining light on small segments of the population, including Muslims, military veterans, Latinos and the physically disabled. The series has won awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) and Northwest Broadcast News Association (NBNA).
Rob has extensive experience in radio, newspaper and media relations dating back more than 30 years. He has also taught news writing at Central College in Pella. Rob earned his bachelor’s degree in mass communications at the University of Iowa.
Friday, November 30
Combos Christmas Concert
Under the direction of Gabriel Espinosa
Tickets $5, Free with Central I.D.
Cox-Snow Recital Hall, 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 1
Flying Pans Caribbean Christmas Concert
Under the direction of Stan Dahl
Admission $5 or unwrapped gift for Toys for Tots
Graham Banquet Room, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 2
Sunday Concert Series: Symphonic Wind Ensemble and College Community Band in Concert.
With Guests from home and abroad: James Skretta, University of Iowa, and Maestro Luis Luna, conductor of the Yucatan Youth Band with three of his top students—Alejandro Chi González, Clarinet, Edoardo Ceballos , Percussion, Maria José Chi González, Saxophone.
Under the direction of Mitch Lutch
Douwstra Auditorium, 4:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, Dec. 7 & 8
Christmas Candlelight Concert featuring the Central College A Cappella Choir and Chamber Singers under the direction of Mark Babcock and the Community College Orchestra under the direction of Diane Phoenix-Neal. The Kerstbellen handbells will also be performing under the direction of Mackenzie Uhlenhopp. Concert tickets: Adults $10, Senior Citizens & Students $8, Free with Central College ID
Thursday, November 29
- Central College
Got cabin fever?
Come hear music written for the wind band by British composers
- Geisler Penquite announces spring speakers The Geisler Penquite committee has announced its 2014 spring speakers. The speaker series will focus on a number of topics in education. All sessions are free and open to the public. Registration is required. For more information and to register, vis
- Central College events March 3-9
- Rodrigues-Pavao, Runaas perform Stephen Rodrigues-Paväo, tenor, will be accompanied by pianist Margaret Runaas in a recital March 7 at Central College. Rodrigues-Paväo is an accomplished Portuguese-American musician from Madison, Wis. He researches and performs traditional Spanish
- Central College events
Central to host Political Science convention
Political Scientists from throughout the state will be coming to Marion County next weekend, as Central College hosts the Iowa Association of Political Scientists' annual convention and program.
- Central students perform 'The Ice Fishing Play' Theatre Central will be hosting four performances of Kevin Kling's "The Ice Fishing Play" Feb. 26-March 1 in the Kruidenier Center at Central College. All shows begin at 7:30 p.m. "The Ice Fishing Play," directed by Ann Wilkinson, is a comedy about a
- Central to host Jeff Link '89 at meeting of political scientists Central College will host the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Iowa Association of Political Scientists Feb. 28-March 1. The meeting will feature a reception, panels and project presentations for registered attendees, plus a keynote with Jeff Link '89 that
- The Right Fit
- Central College events for Feb. 17-23
- More Central College Headlines
- Got cabin fever?