Pella — 1 (9-inch) pie crust, store-bought or your favorite crust recipe
2 tablespoons heavy cream (to glaze the crimpled pie edges)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
8 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Place crust in pie plate. Brush edges of pie crust with heavy cream to create golden brown finish.
3. To prepare filling, whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
4. Place apples in a large bowl and toss with sugar mixture. Add cranberries. Place mixture in pie crust.
5. To prepare topping, combine all ingredients, except butter, in a small bowl. Mix well. Add butter, and process until mixture forms small pea-size pieces. Sprinkle over filling, covering completely.
6. Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375F and continue baking 40 minutes, or until apples are tender.
7. Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool.