- 4 lg eggs, separated
- 3/4 c granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 oz pkg. instant banana pudding
- 1 1/2 c milk
- combine pudding and milk, beat well until it starts
to thicken place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2 or 3 bananas, peeled and left whole
- For garnis strawberry, chocolate or caramel topping
1. Preheat oven to 375^. line the bottom a jelly roll pan (15x10x2-inches) with a good wax paper. --- Roll: Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla.
2. Beat egg whites until almost stiff; gradually add remaining sugar and beat until very stiff. Fold yolk mixture into whites; them add sifted dry ingredients. folding in carefully by hand with large spatula.
3. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Loosen sides and turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove wax paper from bottom of cake carefully. Trim off crusty edges- to make easy rolling. Roll quickly with a fresh sheet of waxed paper on inside of roll. Wrap in sugared towel; cool. Unroll, remove paper; spread with pudding. place 2 or 3 straight bananas near edge (2 inches) of long side of roll and roll up again. Place seam side down on serving platter. Chill slightly.(20 minutes).
4. Serve with any extra pudding and a scoop of ice cream with ice cream topping over all if desired. --- Try the strawberry roll too: I used fresh strawberries a little French vanilla instant pudding(dry) and cool whip to make a fluff spread on the inside. Delish!!
5. Note: please remove crust from cake before rolling.