Pella — 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups craisins or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9-inch-square baking pan.
2. Cream butter and a cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in the Greek yogurt.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt into another bowl; blend into the creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Spread half the batter in pan.
5. Mix nuts with remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half the nut mixture over batter. Sprinkle craisins over nut layer. Spoon remaining batter evenly over the craisins; spread carefully. Sprinkle remaining nut mixture over the top.
6. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until a wooden pick, inserted in middle, comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes, then remove pan and put on rack. Serve warm.