Pella — 1 3/4 cups cake flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 tsp instant coffee
1/3 cup hot water
4 eggs, room temp
1 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1 cup half-and-half
3 cups whipping cream
1 tsp instant coffee
3/4 powdered sugar
3 Tbsp white chocoalte instant pudding
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line 24 to 30 cups of cupcake pans with liners.
2. Sift together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. Add butter, and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until butter is coated in flour.
3. In a measuring cup or small bowl, add coffee to hot water and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and half-and-half. Whisk in coffee.
5. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, one third at a time, scraping bowl before each addition. Beat until ingredients are incorporated, but don't overmix. Fill liners two-thirds full.
6. Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool.
7. When cupcakes are completely cool, make frosting. Place cream, coffee and powdered sugar in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until coffee dissolves. Mix on medium- high speed until mixture starts to thicken, then add instant pudding and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
Makes about 24 cupcakes.