Hearthstone Healthy Aging Expo held
On Wednesday, Oct. 24, 55 older adults participated in the second annual Hearthstone Healthy Aging Expo held at Pella Manor. The ten expo vendors shared with attendees healthy aging tips for body, mind and spirit. Interactive wellness events included bone density screenings, arch support readings, blood sugar testing, blood pressure readings, flu shots, balance testing and massages. Based on evaluations, a majority of the attendees said based on what they learned at the Healthy Aging Expo, attendees will be making changes to improve their health.
- Laboratory at Pella Regional Receives CAP Accreditation The Laboratory at Pella Regional Health Center has been awarded accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), based on the results of a recent on-site inspection. Pella Regional was advised of this national recognition and congratulate
- Gold Star Standard for Environmental Services at Pella Regional Environmental Services at Pella Regional Health Center was recently recognized for an outstanding job of keeping Pella Regional clean above and beyond the standard. AmSan inspects Pella Regional each month to determine the cleanliness of the public a
- Pulmonary Rehab Support Group at Pella Regional
- Quitline Iowa Offers Support for Great American Smokeout Participants
- Food Safety for Thanksgiving – Avoid the Turkey Trots
- Three Strains of Influenza Identified in Iowa
IDPH Doubles Nicotine Replacement Therapy Offer
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) is announcing an expansion of the free nicotine replacement program launched earlier this year for Iowans who enroll in Quitline Iowa. Beginning October 23, any participant who enrolls in the no-cost program could be eligible for twice as much nicotine replacement therapy - eight weeks instead of four weeks.
- Vaccinations offered to Marion County students at school
- Flu Circulating in Iowa
- Healthiest State Walk Slated for October 9
- More Health Headlines