This project involves complete street replacement for the intersection, including 200’ to the east of the intersection and 30’ to the south, 150’ to the west, and 105’ north of the intersection. In addition, there will be replacement of the existing water main, sanitary sewer rehab and a new storm sewer and intakes for the intersection.
On Monday, June 3, work began on Stage 1 of the project. During Stage 1 Broadway Street will be closed north of Washington This project will be completed in three major stages and is expected to be substantially complete by September 15. Work on Stage 2 will not begin until Stage 1 is substantially completed. If you have any questions please call Public Works at 628‐1601.
Project Time Line/Phasing
This project will be completed in three major stages allowing for two lanes of traffic, East and West, on Washington throughout the project. North and South through traffic on Broadway will not be possible during the project. Access for businesses at the Northeast and Northwest corners of the intersection will be maintained at all times off either Broadway or Washington Street but not both during stages 1 and 2.
Work began Monday on Stage 1
- Local News
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Central College events schedule
Looking for something to do? Here's Central College's list of suggestions.
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday
The Marion County Board of Supervisors will meet in regular session Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 9 a.m.
DOT offers advice for cold, snowy weekend
The Iowa Department of Transportation has shared some more driving tips for snowy weather. Marion County is expected to see snow this weekend.
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
Audit report released for PCSD
Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
- More Local News Headlines
- A lot of talk, no action on DHS move