Pella — Wind gusts in excess of 30 miles per hour continue to be predicted for Marion County through the early morning hours of Friday. Significant blowing and drifting of snow is expected through the night. After dark, visibility will be extremely limited. County paved roads will continue to be plowed until dark this evening. Plowing will resume at 4 AM on Friday and continue through the day. Plowing of Rock roads will begin at 4 A.M. Friday also. Significant drifting has occurred on the east – west roads especially North and West of Knoxville. Travel is not recommended through the early morning hours of Friday. Postponing unnecessary trips should be considered.
- Local News
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
Central College events
Wondering what to do now that Thanksgiving is over? Central College has some suggestions.
Supervisors approve County Engineer work agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met Monday morning in special session to approve a work agreement with Tyler Christian, the new County Engineer.
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Nov. 28 - Dec. 8
- "National Water Trail" Designation for Red Rock
Tour of Homes tab
The Pella Tour of Homes is coming up, and we've got a treat for you. Our preview of the tour is in a digital format for you to enjoy, and we have an interactive map of the locations.
- More Local News Headlines