Groundbreaking for The Cottages held - See slideshow
Due to weather outside, the groundbreaking ceremony for The Cottages was moved indoors to Pella Manor on Wednesday morning. The program, starting at 9:30 a.m., began with an invocation and include remarks by WesleyLife President and CEO Rob Kretzinger and Hearthstone Executive Director Nancy Hamilton. There was an announcement of the winning names for the six cottages, chosen by local residents from among the 12 provinces of the Netherlands in honor of Pella’s longstanding Dutch heritage and traditions. Hearthstone/WesleyLife is contributing $15 million to the $20 million project and raising $5 million in the community through a capital campaign led by four couples noted for their longstanding commitment and contributions to Pella. The co-chairs, who are hosting the groundbreaking and have raised $3.84 million to date. Scheduled to be completed by the Weitz Co. by the end of 2013, The Cottages will provide older adults a place to call home where they will enjoy both their independence and the benefits of being part of a close-knit community.
- Local News
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
Central College events
Wondering what to do now that Thanksgiving is over? Central College has some suggestions.
Supervisors approve County Engineer work agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met Monday morning in special session to approve a work agreement with Tyler Christian, the new County Engineer.
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Nov. 28 - Dec. 8
- "National Water Trail" Designation for Red Rock
Tour of Homes tab
The Pella Tour of Homes is coming up, and we've got a treat for you. Our preview of the tour is in a digital format for you to enjoy, and we have an interactive map of the locations.
- More Local News Headlines