Pella — Pat Van Zante won the Iowa Community Theatre Association's award for outstanding costuming for her work in Union Street Players' production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Van Zante is a veteran of the local stage and has been credited in numerous production roles over the years. She costumed and was nominated for two of USP's three productions in 2012 ("Night of January 16th" and "Joseph..."). USP's production of the popular musical had been a finalist for five different ICTA awards which were announced and presented at the group's annual festival in Newton this past Saturday night. Van Zante was the only local nominee to win an award at this year's festival. USP's next production will be the Broadway musical "Bye Bye Birdie" scheduled this summer.
- Local News
- Live entertainment slated for Tulip Time This year's line-up for Festhouden, which will begin at 7 p.m. each evening of Tulip Time, has been announced. Festhouden will take place on the Tulip Toren located on the south side of Pella's square. Grandstand tickets for Festhouden and the evenin
- Vermeer receives consecutive NAEDA Dealer's Choice Award Recently, the North American Equipment Dealers Association (NAEDA) released its annual Dealer-Manufacturer Relations Survey and Dealer's Choice Awards. For the second consecutive year, Vermeer Corporation was awarded "Dealer's Choice" in the Ag/ Shor
- South Central Regional audit released Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants recently released an audit report on the South Central Regional Airport Agency, Pella, Iowa. The Agency's revenues totaled $81,986 for the year ended June 30, 2013, the first year of the
- Bald eagle program, release at Lake Red Rock April 19 Come to Red Rock Visitor Center at 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 19, to learn about eagles in Iowa and why we’re still talking about the impacts of lead on wildlife and people. Helping with the program will be Thora, SOAR’s education ambassador eagle. Co
- Easter Egg Hunt The annual Pella Easter Egg Hunt was held Saturday, April 12 in Central Park. Nice weather greeted children of all ages for the event. The Easter Egg Hunt was sponsored by Kiwanis and the Community 1st Credit Union. More photos on Page 8. (Photos by
- Patient advocate - Helping surgery patients navigate insurance maze The rules of insurance are always changing and are frequently challenging for patients to understand. At Pella Regional Health Center, new positions have been added to help patient be informed and understand the financial impact of surgical procedur
Marion County building permits on the rise
It's expected to be a busy construction season around Marion County. According to County Zoning Administrator Missy Poffenbarger, her office has issued 17 building permits since March 18.
Burn ban to be lifted at 11 a.m.
Marion County's burn ban will be lifted at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14.
Bussey pair facing several charges
Two Bussey residents are charged in a pair of thefts in Otley and Pella on April 5 and April 11.
County awaits Pleasantville Memorial Hall proposal
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met with representatives from the City of Pleasantville and Memorial Hall Commissioners from the Rose City, to discuss the status of transitioning the hall from County ownership to the City.
- More Local News Headlines