Pella — Pat Van Zante won the Iowa Community Theatre Association's award for outstanding costuming for her work in Union Street Players' production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Van Zante is a veteran of the local stage and has been credited in numerous production roles over the years. She costumed and was nominated for two of USP's three productions in 2012 ("Night of January 16th" and "Joseph..."). USP's production of the popular musical had been a finalist for five different ICTA awards which were announced and presented at the group's annual festival in Newton this past Saturday night. Van Zante was the only local nominee to win an award at this year's festival. USP's next production will be the Broadway musical "Bye Bye Birdie" scheduled this summer.
- Local News
Supreme Court arguments made in Edouard case
Arguments were made before the Iowa Supreme Court Monday, March10, in the ongoing appeal of former Pella Pastor Patrick Edouard.
- Local Man Arrested for Series of Sex Offenses
PCHS Society approves joint Long Range Planning Committee for Christian Education in South Central Iowa
Motion #1 - Passed with 72%, Motion #2 - Failed with 62% (needed 67%)
Pella Community Calendar of Events
March 6 - 16
- Ag in the Classroom event held - See slideshow Fourth graders from throughout Marion County learned about agriculture on today, March 6, at the Marion County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom event held at the Vermeer Global Pavilion in Pella. Classes from Knoxville, Twin Cedars, Melcher-Dallas, Pella, Pella Christian, and home-schooled students rotated among several learning stations to gain insight into various aspects of agriculture. Heather Bandstra, Lindsey Jansen and Drew Carlson provided animals for the students to see. The Twin Cedars FFA Chapter also assisted the students during the event.
- Pella Students to serve during Spring Break Stephen Dykstra, Hannah Wittenberg and Sarah Wittenberg are three of 177 students from Northwestern College that will travel across the United States and overseas for the college's annual Spring Service Projects (SSP) March 1-11. This year's teams wi
- Assessor test dates scheduled Statewide examinations for positions of deputy assessor and assessor have been scheduled for April, according to Courtney M. Kay-Decker, Director of the Iowa Department of Revenue. The examination for deputy assessor will be held Saturday, April 5, a
- Pella CSD selected for first teacher leadership Superintendent Greg Ebeling recently announced that the Pella Community School District is in the first group of Iowa school districts selected to launch teacher leadership systems next school year. Teacher leadership systems will allow teachers
- Martin elected Student Body President at Wartburg College Jacob Martin, of Pella, has been elected Wartburg College Student Body President for the 2014-15 school year alongside vice president Teri Mueller, according to a release last week. Martin and Mueller received 51.15 percent of the vote, edging Nicole
- Pella actors in 'Les Miserables' Sara Collins, Annie Foskett, Greg May, and Pat Moriarity have been rehearsing since December in Newton Community Theatre's upcoming new production of Boublil and Schonberg's "Les Miserables." With a cast of over 50 area actors they are excited to bri
- More Local News Headlines
- Supreme Court arguments made in Edouard case