Pella — Pat Van Zante won the Iowa Community Theatre Association's award for outstanding costuming for her work in Union Street Players' production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Van Zante is a veteran of the local stage and has been credited in numerous production roles over the years. She costumed and was nominated for two of USP's three productions in 2012 ("Night of January 16th" and "Joseph..."). USP's production of the popular musical had been a finalist for five different ICTA awards which were announced and presented at the group's annual festival in Newton this past Saturday night. Van Zante was the only local nominee to win an award at this year's festival. USP's next production will be the Broadway musical "Bye Bye Birdie" scheduled this summer.
- Local News
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Dec. 12 - 21
State files application for further review
Late yesterday, the Iowa Attorney General's Office, on behalf of the State of Iowa, filed an application for further review regarding the Court of Appeals' recent decision to throw out a District Court verdict of guilty in the sexual exploitation case against former Pella pastor Patrick Edouard.
- Long-term water supply plan discussed The Pella City Council approved a resolution during last week's regular meeting in regards to instituting proceedings to take additional action for the authorization of a loan and disbursement agreement and the Issuance of not to Exceed $15,000,000 W
- Power Plant deconstruction project moving forward A resolution Fixing Date for a Meeting on the Authorization of a Loan Agreement and the Issuance of Not to Exceed $4,000,000 Electric Revenue Capital Loan Notes was approved by Pella City Council last week. This resolution establishes December 17, 20
Pella names finance director
Corey Goodenow has accepted the position of Finance Director effective January 20
- PRHC announces Allergy, Asthma & Sinus provider Ravinder Agarwal, MD, Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Physician, is now practicing at Pella Regional Health Center. Dr. Agarwal provides patient with allergy testing and antihistamines, evaluation of allergic reactions and comprehensive asthma care. Dr. Ag
- Master Gardener interns complete course work Master Gardener interns complete course work
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Central College events schedule
Looking for something to do? Here's Central College's list of suggestions.
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
- More Local News Headlines
- Pella Community Calendar of Events