Pella — At this time, the Marion County Engineer's Office plans to have trucks running on County paved roads until approximately 7 p.m. tonight. Both Trucks and Motor Graders will begin at 4 a.m. Friday morning and continue to work into the evening. Due to the nature of this storm, this plan is subject to change. It is anticipated that it will be Saturday afternoon before all gravel roads will be passable. High winds are expected during this snow event which will cause blowing and drifting on all roads. Motorists should expect snow covered roads.
- Local News
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
Central College events
Wondering what to do now that Thanksgiving is over? Central College has some suggestions.
Supervisors approve County Engineer work agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met Monday morning in special session to approve a work agreement with Tyler Christian, the new County Engineer.
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Nov. 28 - Dec. 8
- "National Water Trail" Designation for Red Rock
Tour of Homes tab
The Pella Tour of Homes is coming up, and we've got a treat for you. Our preview of the tour is in a digital format for you to enjoy, and we have an interactive map of the locations.
- More Local News Headlines