Habitat for Humanity building blitz in Pella
The Habitat for Humanity of Marion County, Inc. building blitz took place last week, Thursday through Friday, July 18-20 at 13 Brook Circle. Once the slab of concrete was in place and the church family of Second Christian Reformed Church raised the walls and got the roof. Their leader of the project was Jon Van Woerkom (Pella Glass and Home Improvement). The new home owner is Matt Walker, a single father with three children. Habitat for Humanity of Marion County, Inc (HFHMCI) was founded in 1997 by a group of concerned people from Knoxville. Since then it has expanded into the entire county. The current Board of Directors includes members from both Knoxville and Pella.
- Local News
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday
The Marion County Board of Supervisors will meet in regular session Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 9 a.m.
DOT offers advice for cold, snowy weekend
The Iowa Department of Transportation has shared some more driving tips for snowy weather. Marion County is expected to see snow this weekend.
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
Central College events
Wondering what to do now that Thanksgiving is over? Central College has some suggestions.
Supervisors approve County Engineer work agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met Monday morning in special session to approve a work agreement with Tyler Christian, the new County Engineer.
- More Local News Headlines
- Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same