Pella — There's no question RAGBRAI is a massive undertaking. This year, Pella is smack in the middle of things, with two overnight communities nearby and a route that runs right through town.
Here's a breakdown of the route from the Convention and Visitors Bureau. The map is below.
*After crossing the dam on T-15, they will turn right on Idaho Dr.
*Idaho turns into University St. as they ride into Pella
* Turn left onto Broadway St., up to our square.
* Enjoy activities, attractions, retailers and leave $$$ in Pella.
* They will exit on Main St.., riding south
* Main street dead ends at Pella Corporation, where they will go east onto Oskaloosa St.
* Right or South onto Clark St and out of Pella towards Bussey
Support vehicles –
*Will come in on G-28 and stay on that road (which becomes Washington St. and then Vermeer Rd.) exiting again to the east of Pella
We are the meeting town – so they will be able to park on side streets, etc. near the square keeping Washington as a temporary “no-park” zone.
Because we are a Meeting Town, mid-week town and a short ride both to Pella and then to Oskaloosa, it is projected that we may have an additional 10,000 riders and support persons join us in Pella that day!