Pella — Polk County residents Jack Dylan Konz, 18, and Christian Michael Latshaw, 19, are in the Marion County Jail on charges of first degree robbery. The suspects are accused of brandishing a weapon during a robbery at Midwest One Bank, 500 Oskaloosa Street, Pella. The Pella Police Department took the report after 10 a.m. Thursday. The police and several other agencies, including the Marion County Sheriff's Office and FBI, cooperatively investigated. The investigation led them to a local motel, where the suspects were apprehended. Sheriff Jason Sandholdt, during a press conference this evening, said few further details can be released at this time. The matter remains under investigation. Chief Robert Bokinsky agreed. Lt. Shane Cox was the first commander on scene for the PPD. Officers assisting were Matt Huston and Chad Hartman. The FBI was contacted because the agency once had jurisdiction over all bank robberies. The PPD is filing the charges. Bokinsky said the investigation is not about one agency. The cooperation among departments led to the apprehension. He and Sandholdt are confident the suspects were the only two involved. No one was injured in the robbery or investigation. Law enforcement was grateful for the delayed snowfall. "God roots for law enforcement, not the bad guys," Bokinsky said. More details will be reported as they become available.
- Local News
On a wing and a prayer
LAKE RED ROCK — Protective gloves aren’t uncommon when dealing with a sick patient, though they’re not usually heavy, leather welder’s gloves. But, then, the patient usually doesn’t have toenails designed to puncture flesh. Or a sharp beak. Diane Mas
- Live entertainment slated for Tulip Time This year's line-up for Festhouden, which will begin at 7 p.m. each evening of Tulip Time, has been announced. Festhouden will take place on the Tulip Toren located on the south side of Pella's square. Grandstand tickets for Festhouden and the evenin
- Vermeer receives consecutive NAEDA Dealer's Choice Award Recently, the North American Equipment Dealers Association (NAEDA) released its annual Dealer-Manufacturer Relations Survey and Dealer's Choice Awards. For the second consecutive year, Vermeer Corporation was awarded "Dealer's Choice" in the Ag/ Shor
- South Central Regional audit released Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants recently released an audit report on the South Central Regional Airport Agency, Pella, Iowa. The Agency's revenues totaled $81,986 for the year ended June 30, 2013, the first year of the
- Bald eagle program, release at Lake Red Rock April 19 Come to Red Rock Visitor Center at 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 19, to learn about eagles in Iowa and why we’re still talking about the impacts of lead on wildlife and people. Helping with the program will be Thora, SOAR’s education ambassador eagle. Co
- Easter Egg Hunt The annual Pella Easter Egg Hunt was held Saturday, April 12 in Central Park. Nice weather greeted children of all ages for the event. The Easter Egg Hunt was sponsored by Kiwanis and the Community 1st Credit Union. More photos on Page 8. (Photos by
- Patient advocate - Helping surgery patients navigate insurance maze The rules of insurance are always changing and are frequently challenging for patients to understand. At Pella Regional Health Center, new positions have been added to help patient be informed and understand the financial impact of surgical procedur
Marion County building permits on the rise
It's expected to be a busy construction season around Marion County. According to County Zoning Administrator Missy Poffenbarger, her office has issued 17 building permits since March 18.
Burn ban to be lifted at 11 a.m.
Marion County's burn ban will be lifted at 11 a.m. Monday, April 14.
Bussey pair facing several charges
Two Bussey residents are charged in a pair of thefts in Otley and Pella on April 5 and April 11.
- More Local News Headlines
- On a wing and a prayer