Pella — Polk County residents Jack Dylan Konz, 18, and Christian Michael Latshaw, 19, are in the Marion County Jail on charges of first degree robbery. The suspects are accused of brandishing a weapon during a robbery at Midwest One Bank, 500 Oskaloosa Street, Pella. The Pella Police Department took the report after 10 a.m. Thursday. The police and several other agencies, including the Marion County Sheriff's Office and FBI, cooperatively investigated. The investigation led them to a local motel, where the suspects were apprehended. Sheriff Jason Sandholdt, during a press conference this evening, said few further details can be released at this time. The matter remains under investigation. Chief Robert Bokinsky agreed. Lt. Shane Cox was the first commander on scene for the PPD. Officers assisting were Matt Huston and Chad Hartman. The FBI was contacted because the agency once had jurisdiction over all bank robberies. The PPD is filing the charges. Bokinsky said the investigation is not about one agency. The cooperation among departments led to the apprehension. He and Sandholdt are confident the suspects were the only two involved. No one was injured in the robbery or investigation. Law enforcement was grateful for the delayed snowfall. "God roots for law enforcement, not the bad guys," Bokinsky said. More details will be reported as they become available.
- Local News
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday
The Marion County Board of Supervisors will meet in regular session Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 9 a.m.
DOT offers advice for cold, snowy weekend
The Iowa Department of Transportation has shared some more driving tips for snowy weather. Marion County is expected to see snow this weekend.
- Hearthstone names Pella resident as Assisted Living Director at The Cottages Hearthstone, a Ministry of WesleyLife is excited to announce Jennifer West, RN, Certified Assisted Living Manager; as the Director of Assisted Living at The Cottages-an innovative health living community for older adults which is set to welcome its f
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
- Vriendschap Village encourages families to be aware, 'have talk' November was World Alzheimer's Month, and Vriendschap Village retirement community of Pella, encourages adult children to pay close attention to any changes they may notice in their senior parents, especially as the holiday season is approaching. "Wi
- Pella students participate in Mock Trial Each year Pella Community Middle School participates in Mock Trial through the Iowa Bar Association. This year, Pella had two teams participate: one 6th grade team and one 7th and 8th grade mixed team. Each team worked diligently for several weeks to
- Lincoln Elementary, Jefferson Intermediate students help set stacking world record With help from 369 stackers at Lincoln Elementary and Jefferson Intermediate Schools, a new world record was set on November 14th as part of the 2013 STACK UP! According to the World Sport Stacking Association (WSSA), this year's event exceeded all e
Central College events
Wondering what to do now that Thanksgiving is over? Central College has some suggestions.
Supervisors approve County Engineer work agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors met Monday morning in special session to approve a work agreement with Tyler Christian, the new County Engineer.
- More Local News Headlines
- Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same