Tulip Queen coronation moved indoors, all outside activities cancelled - See slideshow
Due to the rain/snow and cold temperatures all of Pella's Tulip Time parade and stage related activities for Thursday were been cancelled. For the first time in the history of the event, the Tulip Queen coronation and Parade of Provinces were relocated indoors to Second Reformed Church in Pella. During the event 2013 Tulip Time Queen Marlee Bokhoven was crowned and her court was officially introduced by Pella's Burgemeester Randy Sikkema.
- Local News
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Dec. 12 - 21
State files application for further review
Late yesterday, the Iowa Attorney General's Office, on behalf of the State of Iowa, filed an application for further review regarding the Court of Appeals' recent decision to throw out a District Court verdict of guilty in the sexual exploitation case against former Pella pastor Patrick Edouard.
- Long-term water supply plan discussed The Pella City Council approved a resolution during last week's regular meeting in regards to instituting proceedings to take additional action for the authorization of a loan and disbursement agreement and the Issuance of not to Exceed $15,000,000 W
- Power Plant deconstruction project moving forward A resolution Fixing Date for a Meeting on the Authorization of a Loan Agreement and the Issuance of Not to Exceed $4,000,000 Electric Revenue Capital Loan Notes was approved by Pella City Council last week. This resolution establishes December 17, 20
Pella names finance director
Corey Goodenow has accepted the position of Finance Director effective January 20
- PRHC announces Allergy, Asthma & Sinus provider Ravinder Agarwal, MD, Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Physician, is now practicing at Pella Regional Health Center. Dr. Agarwal provides patient with allergy testing and antihistamines, evaluation of allergic reactions and comprehensive asthma care. Dr. Ag
- Master Gardener interns complete course work Master Gardener interns complete course work
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Central College events schedule
Looking for something to do? Here's Central College's list of suggestions.
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
- More Local News Headlines
- Pella Community Calendar of Events