Week one of the Pella Police Department traffic enforcement initiative was effective in heightening our goal of traffic safety. Officers issued ten seat belt citations, 12 seat belt warnings with an overall total of 76 traffic contacts.
This week the Pella Police Department will conduct “high visibility” speed enforcement, cracking down on traffic violators. The Department will focus on speed enforcement in the entire community with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Vermeer Road
- East 8th near the Pella Aquatic Center
- Idaho Drive
- West Washington Street
- South Clark Street
The initiative continues as phase one of a proactive approach to optimize public safety and promote positive driving behaviors.
Each week will have its own area of concentration, or violations that are specifically targeted with proactive enforcement. The enforcement program and schedule is as follows:
- 7/15 to 7/21: Seat Belt Violations
- 7/22 to 7/28: Speed Enforcement
- 7/29 to 8/04: Pedestrian and “K” Turn Violations
- 8/05 to 8/11: Seat Belt Violations
- OWI enforcement will be emphasized throughout the four week period.