Much to see at annual Bald Eagle Days in Pella - See slideshow
Get an up-close look at a live bald eagle and other raptors. Eagle shows will be presented hourly until 4 p.m. (last program starts at 3:00 p.m.) today (Saturday). Staff from the University of Minnesota's Raptor Center will share amazing details about how these birds "make a living." After that, more live birds await you as Environmental Educator Mike Havlik presents programs about owls, hawk identification and conservation. Other event highlights include wildlife photographer and author Ty Smedes, an environmental fair, wildlife photographer Ron Huelse, and nature crafts. Travel to the Red Rock Dam to spot eagles fishing and flying in the wild. Volunteers will be on hand with spotting scopes in the North Tailwater Recreation Area to assist you. The Red Rock Visitor Center, located on the south side of the Red Rock Dam, will feature showings of bald eagle videos produced right here in Iowa. Admission to Bald Eagle Day is free of charge and is presented by the US Army Corps of Engineers, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Marion County Conservation Board, Central College and the Red Rock Lake Association.
- Local News
State files application for further review
Late yesterday, the Iowa Attorney General's Office, on behalf of the State of Iowa, filed an application for further review regarding the Court of Appeals' recent decision to throw out a District Court verdict of guilty in the sexual exploitation case against former Pella pastor Patrick Edouard.
- Pella names finance director The City of Pella recently announced that Corey Goodenow has accepted the position of Finance Director effective January 20, 2014. Corey was raised in Boise, Idaho and earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Iowa State University. He then went o
- Long-term water supply plan discussed The Pella City Council approved a resolution during last week's regular meeting in regards to instituting proceedings to take additional action for the authorization of a loan and disbursement agreement and the Issuance of not to Exceed $15,000,000 W
- Power Plant deconstruction project moving forward A resolution Fixing Date for a Meeting on the Authorization of a Loan Agreement and the Issuance of Not to Exceed $4,000,000 Electric Revenue Capital Loan Notes was approved by Pella City Council last week. This resolution establishes December 17, 20
- PRHC announces Allergy, Asthma & Sinus provider Ravinder Agarwal, MD, Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Physician, is now practicing at Pella Regional Health Center. Dr. Agarwal provides patient with allergy testing and antihistamines, evaluation of allergic reactions and comprehensive asthma care. Dr. Ag
- Master Gardener interns complete course work Master Gardener interns complete course work
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Central College events schedule
Looking for something to do? Here's Central College's list of suggestions.
Vander Linden's position on gas tax remains the same
Rep. Guy VanderLinden (R-Oskaloosa) remains opposed to a gas tax increase without offsetting the increase with a decrease in another tax.
Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday
The Marion County Board of Supervisors will meet in regular session Tuesday, Dec. 10, at 9 a.m.
- More Local News Headlines
- State files application for further review