Pella — Due to weather last week, it was necessary to reschedule the Pella Chamber Annual Membership Meeting to tomorrow Thursday, Feb 28 from 7-8:30 am. The Pella Chamber will be previewing upcoming activities and events within our office and present Hall of Fame Excellence Awards to recipients. Also representatives from Pella Community Schools will be present to give an overview and answer questions on their facility update plans - a very important and timely topic as residents who live within the school district will be asked to vote on the referendum on April 2.
- Local News
- Grand Re-opening of Pella Historical Museum planned
- March Forum to feature Vos, insights on being an entrepreneur
Supreme Court arguments made in Edouard case
Arguments were made before the Iowa Supreme Court Monday, March10, in the ongoing appeal of former Pella Pastor Patrick Edouard.
- Local Man Arrested for Series of Sex Offenses
PCHS Society approves joint Long Range Planning Committee for Christian Education in South Central Iowa
Motion #1 - Passed with 72%, Motion #2 - Failed with 62% (needed 67%)
Pella Community Calendar of Events
March 6 - 16
- Ag in the Classroom event held - See slideshow Fourth graders from throughout Marion County learned about agriculture on today, March 6, at the Marion County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom event held at the Vermeer Global Pavilion in Pella. Classes from Knoxville, Twin Cedars, Melcher-Dallas, Pella, Pella Christian, and home-schooled students rotated among several learning stations to gain insight into various aspects of agriculture. Heather Bandstra, Lindsey Jansen and Drew Carlson provided animals for the students to see. The Twin Cedars FFA Chapter also assisted the students during the event.
- Pella Students to serve during Spring Break Stephen Dykstra, Hannah Wittenberg and Sarah Wittenberg are three of 177 students from Northwestern College that will travel across the United States and overseas for the college's annual Spring Service Projects (SSP) March 1-11. This year's teams wi
- Assessor test dates scheduled Statewide examinations for positions of deputy assessor and assessor have been scheduled for April, according to Courtney M. Kay-Decker, Director of the Iowa Department of Revenue. The examination for deputy assessor will be held Saturday, April 5, a
- Pella CSD selected for first teacher leadership Superintendent Greg Ebeling recently announced that the Pella Community School District is in the first group of Iowa school districts selected to launch teacher leadership systems next school year. Teacher leadership systems will allow teachers
- More Local News Headlines