Pella — Due to weather last week, it was necessary to reschedule the Pella Chamber Annual Membership Meeting to tomorrow Thursday, Feb 28 from 7-8:30 am. The Pella Chamber will be previewing upcoming activities and events within our office and present Hall of Fame Excellence Awards to recipients. Also representatives from Pella Community Schools will be present to give an overview and answer questions on their facility update plans - a very important and timely topic as residents who live within the school district will be asked to vote on the referendum on April 2.
- Local News
- Change order approved for the Pella Sports Park A resolution approving Change Order #2 in the amount of $47,604 with Todd Hackett Construction Co. for the Pella Sports Park was approved last week by council. Listed below is a summary of the change order: Change Order Summary 1. Warning Track & Fou
- The tulips are blooming ... As of this writing, on the south side of the Information Windmill in Central Plaza there are a few yellow tulips that have bloomed. And I have it on good authority that with the warmer temperatures (especially the overnight temperatures) this week th
- Pella Farmer's Market ready to go in 2014 For 2014, the Pella Farmer's Market would like to continue holding the Farmer's Market in the parking area at First Reformed Church, 603 Broadway on Thursdays from 3-6 p.m. The Market is scheduled to run from April 24 - October with no event held the
- New section of the Volksweg now open The 1.25 mile newly constructed section of the paved Volksweg Trail between Fifield Recreation Area and the new Robert's Creek Trailhead has been opened. The new section of The Robert's Creek Trailhead has additional work to be completed before it ca
- Historic Preservation Committee During last week's regular meeting, the Pella City Council approved an ad hoc Historic Preservation Committee. At the February 18, 2014 City Council meeting, the Pella Historic Trust presented a proposal for consideration of the establishment of a hi
Tulip Time schedule
Tulip Time is just around the corner. Here's the complete schedule for events.
- Central College hosts STEM fest and town hall meeting with lieutenant governor
The Mango Tree opens tomorrow in Pella
Located at 720 Main St.
On a wing and a prayer
LAKE RED ROCK — Protective gloves aren’t uncommon when dealing with a sick patient, though they’re not usually heavy, leather welder’s gloves. But, then, the patient usually doesn’t have toenails designed to puncture flesh. Or a sharp beak. Diane Mas
- Live entertainment slated for Tulip Time This year's line-up for Festhouden, which will begin at 7 p.m. each evening of Tulip Time, has been announced. Festhouden will take place on the Tulip Toren located on the south side of Pella's square. Grandstand tickets for Festhouden and the evenin
- More Local News Headlines