- Local News
- Pella students participate in NASA's Space Settlement Design competition This year four students from Pella HS got the opportunity to participate in NASA's Space Settlement Design Competition (SSDC). PHS students traveled to the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas where they joined approximately 200 other students from
- Food For Fines during National Library Week During National Library Week (April 14-19) the Pella Public Library will accept non-perishable food items in exchange for overdue fines. One food item will equal $1 in fines; two food items equal $2, etc.; up to a one time maximum of $5. Food items d
- Davis-Kovarik's vision of Strawtown comes to light A chair in a room. A room with walls. Walls that hold hundreds of years of stories and secrets untold. Familiar and comfy. So familiar that the natives take it for granted. Hundreds of people drive by every single day. Only a handful (if any) glance
High Five Traffic Safety Project begins
Marion County, four others to pilot the program According to data from the Iowa Governor's Traffic Safety Bureau, in 2012, 72 percent of fatal crashes in Iowa occurred on secondary rural roads. Approximately 79 percent of Iowa's total roadways are
- April Lake Red Rock programs April 12 - Snake "Lunch Time" - 1:00 p.m. - Red Rock Visitor Center It's a feeding day at the visitor center! Stop by to learn about the visitor center's resident snakes and watch them have a bite to eat! Sat., April 19 - Let's Go Muddin'! - 10:00 a.
- Central College Community Service Day April 15 Central College's annual Community Service Day is April 15. Central students, faculty, staff and alumni will participate in more than 50 community service projects in Pella and surrounding areas. Projects will last either full or half days. In Pella,
- ACTS announces Service Surge A Call To Serve (ACTS) Ministries of Iowa has announced that its annual Service Surge will be held in multiple communities on the same day scheduled for May 10, 2014, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. (The rain date is scheduled for June 7, 2014.) Volunteers wil
Video: Burn ban in place in Marion County
The dry weather, coupled with numerous grass fire calls over the past several days, has led to the fire chiefs of Marion County to support a burn ban. The ban went into effect at 10 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Law enforcement seeks help
The Marion County Sheriff's and Attorney's Offices, along with the police departments of Pella, are helping the FBI locate an unidentified 28-year-old male suspected of having ties to child pornography.
Pella Community Calendar of Events
April 3 - 13
- More Local News Headlines