- Local News
Pella Community Calendar of Events
July 3 - 12
Supervisors meet Tuesday
The Marion County Board of Supervisors have on their agenda for Tuesday, July 8, several issues, including a proposal from the City of Pleasantville for its memorial hall.
Road Closure Report
The Marion County Engineer's Office has released a list of current road closures.
- North Overlook Beach Open
- Bethany Christian Services receives pair of gifts Recently, the Pella Community Foundation awarded Bethany Christian Services a $1,500 grant, in addition to a grant that was also awarded in the same amount from the Vermeer Charitable Foundation, for the Jane Brown Adoption Workshop weekend held earl
- 'Pella in Bloom' The City of Pella, Iowa has always been known for its extraordinary spring tulips but the City takes equal pride in its annual flower program. This summer the City is planting over 27,000 annual flowers in 76 park flower beds and 121 street-side beds
- Enjoy lake, stay safe on water As the Fourth of July weekend and hot summer months approach, take some time to enjoy the recreation opportunities available at Lake Red Rock. The Corps of Engineers would like to remind you to be safe around the water as you head out to lake. No mat
- Garden Club hosts Downton Abbey luncheon The first Annual Summer Garden Party featuring the award-winning PBS television series, “Downton Abbey,” was held last Friday, June 27, in the Graham Conference Center at Central College.A total of 250 guests and members enjoyed a typical English Lun
- Lake Red Rock Programs for July 2-9 There’s always something happening at Lake Red Rock! Check out these upcoming activities:July 3 - Create a Mosaic for the Playscape - 1:00 p.m. - Red Rock Visitor Center (preregistration required - call Corps office for details)Help mosaic some uniqu
- American Legion Auxiliary assists homeless veterans Linda Beem, 6th District President of the American Legion Auxiliary met with officials at the Central Iowa VA, to present money collected for the homeless Veterans. As 6th District President over the past year, Mrs. Beem chose the Homeless Veteran as
- More Local News Headlines
- Pella Community Calendar of Events