- Local News
- WesleyLife earns Top Workplace in State recognition The Des Moines Register announced the Top 100 Workplaces in the state of Iowa--WesleyLife made the exclusive listing. Hearthstone, located in Pella, is a WesleyLife community. The organization also offers home care, hospice and adult day services whi
- 3M makes donation to Natural Playscape 3M presented the Red Rock Lake Association with a grant of $30,000 on Monday morning. The money was awarded through 3M's Eco Grant Program. The money will be used for supplies and other costs for a "Natural Playscape" project at North Overlook Beach
- Pella residents pack joy into shoeboxes for children overseas With holiday supplies already covering the store shelves, Pella individuals, families, churches and groups are working to make Christmas a reality for needy kids around the world by filling shoeboxes with toys, school supplies, hygiene items and note
- Vriendschap Village to pay tribute to area veterans on Nov. 9 Vriendschap Village Retirement Community of Pella will pay tribute to area veterans with a Veteran's Airfield Day on Saturday, November 9, from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. Residents, families and community members are invited to the Pella Airport for a chili l
- Scout Troop honored twice in two years The Order of the Arrow is the national honor society for Scouts and their leaders. Those to be inducted are elected by members of their unit. Arrowmen whose service is considered to be truly outstanding can be inducted into the Vigil Honor, whose rec
- PC students named to Honor Bands Six Pella Christian Grade School instrumental musicians were selected to perform in the 2013 South Central Iowa Bandmaster's Association District Festival. The three Honor Bands represent grade levels 7-8 and consist of 100 students each. Each band
- Pre-diabetes -- take charge Pre-diabetes is a condition that comes before diabetes. It means that blood sugar levels are higher than normal but aren't high enough to be called diabetes. A person with pre-diabetes is more likely to develop diabetes if lifestyle changes are not i
Pella Election Results
There were no contested races in the City of Pella's election, but here are the numbers.
Hospitals take part in emergency drill
Knoxville Hospital and Clinics and Pella Regional Health Center, with Marion County Emergency Management, took part in an emergency drill this morning.
3M Donates to Lake Association
Representatives from 3M, the Red Rock Lake Association, the US Army Corps of Engineers and Central College gathered at North Overlook Campground this morning as 3M presented a $30,000 donation to a cooperative natural playscape project.
- More Local News Headlines