- Local News
- Something new set to come to Pella I scream, you scream, we all scream for...frozen yogurt? That's right! Many Hands for Haiti (MH4H) officially announced its plans to open a frozen yogurt shop called The Mango Tree at 720 Main Street in Pella this coming April. After such a successfu
- Pella Chronicle honored at INA Awards banquet The Pella Chronicle and Clint Brown, Editor, were honored last Friday at the Iowa Newspaper Association's Awards Banquet during the INA 2014 Convention and Trade Show held February 6-7 at the Des Moines Marriott Hotel. Presentations were also made to
Supervisors expect a 30-cent levy decrease
The Marion County Board of Supervisors is confident that its property tax levy for the upcoming fiscal year will be 30 cents less than last year.
Supervisors approve road aid agreement
The Marion County Board of Supervisors approved a resolution for a federal aid funding agreement for a project along G-40.
- February Forum to feature Sinikka Waugh on “Finding Your Leadership Voice”
Altercation at Marion County Courthouse
A suspect being taken in on outstanding warrants got into an altercation with a bail bondsman at the Marion County Courthouse this morning.
Pella Community Calendar of Events
Feb. 6 - 16
Accident outside Pella
No details are available yet, but drivers traveling westbound on Highway 163 caught this sight from the snowstorm.
Jason Brown to perform at Habitat for Humanity of Marion County’s Dessert Concert
Annual fundraising event to be held Friday, February 28 at Pella Opera House
- Mock participates in unusual major at ISU A month before she started school at Iowa State University, Caitlin Mock, Pella, planned to study biology. Then she discovered a different major, one that was a little under the radar but combined her keen interest in science with her artistic side -
- More Local News Headlines