Red Rock Arts Alliance presents: An Artist Talk with Bob Kroese
Pella's Bob Kroese, a Master Wood Sculptor creating wonderful decoys and life like birds in their natural setting, spoke to the Red Rock Arts Alliance and others on Wednesday evening at the Pella Community Center. Kroese discussed his technique, inspiration and how he developed into the artist he is. Kroese also brought a few of his sculptures for viewing. For more information about the Red Rock Arts Alliance contact Lisa Davis-Kovarik at (641) 629-0706.
- Emerald Ash Borer confirmed in Newton
Busy time for Parks Department
Business is picking up for the Pella Parks and Recreation Department, as it makes the transition from pushing snow to preparing to mow.
Spring arrives in Marion County in style
The first day of spring, March 20, truly had the appropriate weather. Sunshine and a nice temperature sent many people into the outdoor of splendor of Lake Red Rock.
- These animals may help your garden
- Iowa's 'Black Gold' This is the first of a series of articles written by the Red Rock Lake Association's "Save the Lake Committee", by Mark Thompson When European settlers first arrived in what is now Iowa, they encountered a vast sea of grasses and flowers, with sca
- Local Conservation Board to host Wildlife Management Seminars
Marion County Development Commission Announces the 'Best of the Red Rock Area'
Want to know where to eat or what to enjoy in Marion County? Here's the definitive listing.
- "National Water Trail" Designation for Red Rock
- Lake Association's Annual Membership Meeting Scheduled for Nov.14
3M Donates to Lake Association
Representatives from 3M, the Red Rock Lake Association, the US Army Corps of Engineers and Central College gathered at North Overlook Campground this morning as 3M presented a $30,000 donation to a cooperative natural playscape project.
- More Outdoors Headlines