Fish at Central Park
The Pella Parks and Recreation Department has created a new flower bed at Central Park, in which they hope to take you under the sea.
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
Weather forces road closures
Marion County Engineer Roger Schletzbaum has closed several area roads around the county, due to concern of flooding.
Ice Fishing Tourney Cancelled
Poor ice conditions
- 2013 Central Iowa Delta Waterfowl Chapter Heritage Fund Dinner planned
- Iowa taxpayers increase donations to wildlife in 2012
- Much to see at annual Bald Eagle Days in Pella - See slideshow Get an up-close look at a live bald eagle and other raptors. Eagle shows will be presented hourly until 4 p.m. (last program starts at 3:00 p.m.) today (Saturday). Staff from the University of Minnesota's Raptor Center will share amazing details about how these birds "make a living." After that, more live birds await you as Environmental Educator Mike Havlik presents programs about owls, hawk identification and conservation. Other event highlights include wildlife photographer and author Ty Smedes, an environmental fair, wildlife photographer Ron Huelse, and nature crafts. Travel to the Red Rock Dam to spot eagles fishing and flying in the wild. Volunteers will be on hand with spotting scopes in the North Tailwater Recreation Area to assist you. The Red Rock Visitor Center, located on the south side of the Red Rock Dam, will feature showings of bald eagle videos produced right here in Iowa. Admission to Bald Eagle Day is free of charge and is presented by the US Army Corps of Engineers, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Marion County Conservation Board, Central College and the Red Rock Lake Association.
Neal Smith NWR Celebrates Anniversary of King Holiday with Service Project
Volunteers help with tallgrass prairie reconstruction as part of the National Day of Service
- Snowshoe Hike at Neal Smith NWR
- Conservation partners take next step in habitat restoration near Pella
- More Outdoors Headlines
- Fish at Central Park