- Central hooks a fishing team
Boater Input Needed
Talk about your boating experience over a free dinner
Lake Red Rock tailwater anglers to be surveyed
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) will sponsor a creel (angler) survey aimed at establishing current fishing activity in the Lake Red Rock tailwater area below the Red Rock Dam. MRES plans to begin constructing a hydroelectric power plant at the dam in 2013.
Pella Christian Grade School students volunteer - See Video
Pella Christian Grade School students took part in a Special Project Day and assisted Parks and Recreation employees
- Bald Eagle Day held Approximately 1,200 people attended the Bald Eagle Day event held over the weekend at Central College and Lake Red Rock. People from at least 44 different communities were in attendance. Those attending got an up-close look at a live bald eagle and other raptors. Staff from the University of Minnesota’s Raptor Center shared amazing details about how these birds “make a living.” Environmental Educator Mike Havlik presented the program, “Big Owls Hoot, Little Owls Toot” and “What Do Birds Have to Teach Us?” during the event. Other event highlights included the Pella Wildlife Company’s live bat shows, incredible wildlife photography by Ron Huelse, information about the new eagle nest cam at Red Rock, kids craft activities and an “environmental fair” featuring numerous environmental groups, agencies and other vendors.
- Squirrel finds treat amid snow (See Video)
An Artist Talk with Bob Kroese (See Video)
Look for more on the event in next week's Pella Chronicle
- Red Rock Arts Alliance presents: An Artist Talk with Bob Kroese Pella's Bob Kroese, a Master Wood Sculptor creating wonderful decoys and life like birds in their natural setting, spoke to the Red Rock Arts Alliance and others on Wednesday evening at the Pella Community Center. Kroese discussed his technique, inspiration and how he developed into the artist he is. Kroese also brought a few of his sculptures for viewing. For more information about the Red Rock Arts Alliance contact Lisa Davis-Kovarik at (641) 629-0706.
24th Annual Bald Eagle Day planned
Event staff and volunteers will be on hand at the North Tailwater Recreation Area
- Snowshoeing Hikes to be held soon
- More Outdoors Headlines