The Pella Community High School band department will present a winter concert on Friday, February 28, at 7:30 p.m., in the PHS auditorium. The concert will feature the Concert Band directed by Mr. Ben Thompson, the Symphonic Band directed by Mr. Jason Pentico, and Percussion Ensembles directed by Mrs. Kim Benson. The bands will perform several selections including “Entry of the Gladiators”, “Time to Say Goodbye”, “Return of The Dawn Treader”, “Selection from The Lion King”, “Fantasy on How Brightly Shines The Morning Star”, “Second Suite in F”, “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot”, and “Fugue On Yankee Doodle”. The concert is FREE and the public is encouraged to attend and support our high school band students. A freewill donation will be accepted to help support the high school band department.
- Ag in the Classroom event held - See slideshow Fourth graders from throughout Marion County learned about agriculture on today, March 6, at the Marion County Farm Bureau’s Ag in the Classroom event held at the Vermeer Global Pavilion in Pella. Classes from Knoxville, Twin Cedars, Melcher-Dallas, Pella, Pella Christian, and home-schooled students rotated among several learning stations to gain insight into various aspects of agriculture. Heather Bandstra, Lindsey Jansen and Drew Carlson provided animals for the students to see. The Twin Cedars FFA Chapter also assisted the students during the event.
- Pella Christian speech team earn sweep of I's at district individuals Pella Christian High School continued their successful speech forensic season at the IHSSA's District Individual Events competition on Saturday, March 1 at Tri-County High School in Thornburg. All 10 events entered by PCHS received I's and a spot at
- PHS Bands present Winter Concert The Pella Community High School band department will present a winter concert on Friday, February 28, at 7:30 p.m., in the PHS auditorium. The concert will feature the Concert Band directed by Mr. Ben Thompson, the Symphonic Band directed by Mr. Jaso
- Pella Band students participate in contest On Saturday, February 22, 50 Pella High School Band Students traveled to Perry High School for the Perry Band Olympics Solo and Ensemble contest. A total of 35 solo/ensemble entries received division I "Superior" ratings while 17 entries received div
- PCHS, PHS earns top marks at State Speech Contest Both schools represented at All-State Festival Pella Christian High School's Large Group Speech team earned top marks at the IHSSA's State Speech competition held at Linn-Mar High School on February 8. Three events earned straight ones and one was
Central to host Political Science convention
Political Scientists from throughout the state will be coming to Marion County next weekend, as Central College hosts the Iowa Association of Political Scientists' annual convention and program.
- No lack of support shown at Jefferson
- 'School Choice Week' designated this week in Iowa This week is School Choice Week in Iowa and across the country. More than 30 events are planned across the Hawkeye State, in addition to 5,500 events nationwide. The Week, which is the nation's largest-ever celebration of educational opportunity, giv
- Lots of holiday spirit seen at Jefferson Intermediate - See slideshow Students at Jefferson Intermediate School in Pella recently decorated most of their classroom doors. While they did not do a "contest" this year, it was great to see each other's creativity according to staff at Jefferson. See more photos at pellachronicle.com.
- PHS Bands, Orchestra present Holiday Concert The Pella Community High School Orchestra, Percussion Ensembles, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band will present a Holiday Concert on Tuesday, December 9, in the PHS Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. The ensembles will perform music of the season including: Crow
- More Schools Headlines