- Central to face St. Olaf in Wisconsin |Central College (20-7) will travel to Stevens Point, Wis. to meet St. Olaf (Minn.) (22-5) Friday in the NCAA Division III men’s basketball tournament. Game time is tentatively set for 6 p.m. The winner takes on the winner of Friday’s second game, wh
- District Basketball News |The poor weather conditions forced Thursday evening postponements for Marion County sports teams. Class 2A Starting in Class 2A, the Pella Christian vs. PCM (Mustangs) District Boys’ contest has been moved to Friday night at 6:30 p.m. in Albia. Cl
Live: State wrestling tournament
Here's the live blog from the state wrestling tournament tracking results for local wrestlers.
- Naaktgeboren hits for 31, Pingel 24 in win Pella left little doubt as to who was going to win Friday's Little Hawkeye Conference clash between themselves and the Newton Cardinals. Newton, playing at home, fell to the Dutch 86-60. Pella's Jordan Pingel and Isaac Naaktgeboren combined for 32 po
Blizzard could complicate state wrestling tournament
DES MOINES — Heading to the state wrestling meet Thursday? Be prepared for what could be a major winter storm. A blizzard watch will be in effect for much of central Iowa, including Des Moines, from 6 a.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday.
- Bermel elected to the Iowa Golf Hall of Fame The Iowa Golf Association Foundation is pleased to announce the election of four new members to the Iowa Golf Hall of Fame. John Bermel of Cedar Falls, Dave Sergeant of Fort Dodge and author Larry Dennis, a Marshalltown native, will be inducted this
- Regional Basketball Openers |The 2014 Regional Girls’ High School Basketball pairings are out. Class 4A In Class 4A Region 5, the Pella High Lady Dutch open against Newton at 7 p..m. in Pella, Wednesday,?Feb. 19. The winner faces Ballard at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22 in Ballard
- Dutch impressive in home victory Pella knew they would have to bring their "A-Game" to beat the Grinnell Tigers in Pella last Friday night and that's what they got. The Dutch gave the Tigers their first league setback by winning 76-72. Pella had three players score in double digits
- Lanser tops the Pella Christian bowling charts The Pella Christian varsity boys' bowling team had their best outing of the season Saturday according to head coach Rod Blunck. Nick Lanser was the high scorer for PC at 318. Jordan Pleima posted a 293 and Brandon Roozendaal scored 291. The Eagles h
- New District Football Pairings New districts have been formed for high school football teams from around the state. The district assignments set by the Iowa High School Athletic Association will be in effect for this fall and again in 2015. Class 3A Knoxville and Pella have each
- More Sports Headlines