- Awards announced for Pella The Pella High Little Dutch varsity boys' basketball team finished the season with a final mark of 19 wins and just 4 losses. The Dutch had two streaks that included seven games each during the year. Pella was unbeaten in non-conference play. Pella s
- Central's Vander Molen All-Region PELLA--Central College women's basketball guard Kenzie Vander Molen (junior, Pella) has been named to the D3hoops.com All-West Region third team after leading the Dutch to their winningest campaign since 2004. Vander Molen, a 2014 all-Iowa Conference
- Newton swim season a hit The Newton/Pella swim season was a great success in the first year of the sharing program for the boys' program. "Our season went very well. The Newton and Pella boys blended together very well and I think learned from each other. They cheered and su
- Dutch prepare for NCAA Tournament Central travels to Stevens Point, Wis., for its first-round game against No. 25-ranked St. Olaf (Minn.) (22-5) Friday at 5 p.m. on Bennett Court inside Quandt Fieldhouse on the campus of Wis.-Stevens Point.
- Steenhoek accepts offer from Northwestern Lukas Steenhoek (Pella, Iowa) signed a letter of intent to continue his football careers at Northwestern College next fall for the Red Raiders. Steenhoek is a 5'11", 160-pound running back and safety who played three years for the Pella High School f
- Central to face St. Olaf in Wisconsin |Central College (20-7) will travel to Stevens Point, Wis. to meet St. Olaf (Minn.) (22-5) Friday in the NCAA Division III men’s basketball tournament. Game time is tentatively set for 6 p.m. The winner takes on the winner of Friday’s second game, wh
- District Basketball News |The poor weather conditions forced Thursday evening postponements for Marion County sports teams. Class 2A Starting in Class 2A, the Pella Christian vs. PCM (Mustangs) District Boys’ contest has been moved to Friday night at 6:30 p.m. in Albia. Cl
Live: State wrestling tournament
Here's the live blog from the state wrestling tournament tracking results for local wrestlers.
- Naaktgeboren hits for 31, Pingel 24 in win Pella left little doubt as to who was going to win Friday's Little Hawkeye Conference clash between themselves and the Newton Cardinals. Newton, playing at home, fell to the Dutch 86-60. Pella's Jordan Pingel and Isaac Naaktgeboren combined for 32 po
Blizzard could complicate state wrestling tournament
DES MOINES — Heading to the state wrestling meet Thursday? Be prepared for what could be a major winter storm. A blizzard watch will be in effect for much of central Iowa, including Des Moines, from 6 a.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday.
- More Sports Headlines