Theisen’s Home • Farm • Auto announced that 242 nonprofits in 24 Theisen’s store communities have received a total of $350,000 in awards through the company’s 2019 More for Your Community grant program.
Area nonprofits who received awards through the grant program are:
• Children & Families of Iowa; $2,000 for the project “Keeping Pella and Marion County Children Safe”
• 818 Forward with Faith; $1,000 for the project “A Home for Life”
• Clay Township Fire and Rescue; $1,000 for the Clay Township Fire Department Equipment Fund
• Food Bank of Iowa; $2,500 for the project “Fighting Childhood Hunger in Marion County”
• Mahaska County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT); $2,000 for “Stop the Bleed” training and CPR
• Peoria Christian School; $1,500 for the program “Student 1:1 Technology”
Nonprofits received their checks at More for Your Community grants celebrations hosted by local stores throughout Iowa and Wisconsin on Nov. 11. Successful grant applicants demonstrated their projects would serve basic needs, such as shelter and education; be matched strongly with local funds; and provide opportunities for those impacted to give back to the community.
The Theisen’s More for Your Community corporate giving program is a partnership with the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque, who administers the grant program. This year, 402 applications were received.
Celebrating its eleventh year, the grant program has given away more than $2.5 million to support local nonprofits and the people they serve. Based on estimates in nonprofit grant applications, this year’s grants are expected to impact more than 550,000 community members.
“With this year’s grants of $350,000, we are simply giving back to our community and the people we serve,” said co-owner Jim Theisen. “We are so proud to support these organizations as they provide food, shelter, healthcare, safety and education to children and families in and near our store