The Marion County Board of Supervisors met in special session last Friday and awarded a contract to Comer Roofing for work on the Marion County Care Facility. Comer’s was the low bid at $38,491.12. Other bids received came from Carter Roofing ($39,664.27), Kooyman ($42,239) and Becker ($46,928). Care Facility Administrator Barb Adam wanted to ensure that the roof work was completed in a short amount of time, in the interest of the residents. Kooyman wrote in its addendum that it could have the project completed. The supervisors’ action awarded Comer the contract, if the time frame for completion met Adam’s standards. If not, the same action allowed Adam to contract with Kooyman. Hours after the meeting, Adam told the supervisors that Comer said the job could get done within two to three weeks.
- Pella Regional accepting hand-sewn masks
- Marion County prepares for possible COVID-19 outbreak
- Local coronavirus-related cancelations
- Pella Superintendent: Not expecting to return this school year
- Iowa governor closes more businesses, extends closures to April 7
- IDPH confirms 1 death, 38 additional COVID-19 cases in Iowa
- ICE Technologies, Inc. acquires Computer Concepts of Iowa
- Teri Vos named director of work-based learning program
- Local family spreads hope through #treeofjoy challenge
- Why is God doing this?